Monday, July 9, 2012

#635 Monday 9 July

I hate it when she's like this. She's had a good morning followed by a reasonable afternoon .... and now she is Miserable! Crying and whinging. She can't tell us what is bothering her .... we have to use the "shotgun solution" .... everything that we can think of .... and hope that one of them is the right thing.
.
This morning Kaylia and went to get Red Rooster .... From Northam! (I don't like the stuff but K loves it.). The trip was a good time filler on the first day of the dreaded school holidays.
.
While in Northam I toured a few of the old haunts ....




The boys hostel .... in a sad state of disrepair. The building has huge potential but it has been badly neglected.




The high school .... and the tech drawing rooms that were one of my enjoyable places




This is the house where Maxine and I first boarded after leaving the hostel




Avonvale primary .... I taught there in 1973, 74 and 75 and this was my classroom ..... No TV in those days!




After this we saw a skate park ....




Few kids around .... so it was a good time to let K try it out. She is always fascinated when she sees the big kids on their scooters and boards.





3 comments:

  1. Yes, I liked Tech Drawing too - no surprise there. Merv Sanders, and another guy with dark hair,,, it'll come to me.

    However! Nearly 50 years on and the buildings are the same! This is atrocious. Historical monuments still in use as schools!

    See my blog for another recent view on old schools. Wait...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS in general, I can decipher the trick image first time, as now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two in a row, trying for a third

    ReplyDelete