Friday, May 3, 2013

#903 Friday 3 May

I think the "moon period" is over ..... Kaylia slept really well last night. The influence of the moon on her behaviour is undeniable and quite amazing. I wonder if there have been any studies done?

This morning I was remarking to Brynn on what a great change there has been in the past 18 months since Kaylia reached the stage of being able to "self-accumulate" knowledge (rather than needing to be taught each item of behaviour.  Before then it was very hard to get her to understand an instruction and to carry it our ..... now she rarely needs any explanation and she's very good at following instructions.  Before she was unable to anticipate the need for actions ..... now she can work out actions that she needs to do ... and complete them with little assistance.


Moon ..... I've just been researching the effect of the moon on behaviour ..... it's verrrrryyyy interesting!  There are many learned opinions about why this cannot be so .... without any factual basis for the opinion ..... and many, many, many observations that the effect is real.  The effect is allowed for in police duty rosters, in medical workers and many parents.  I'm afraid that I have to side with the observations ..... in the early days I was a sceptic and scoffed the idea .... but the effect has been absolutely consistent for years for us ..... we can plan much of our activity based on the knowledge that Kaylia's behaviour will follow the same pattern over the 3 or 4 days around the full moon.

 For me, I can't explain it but I know it is fact.

No comments:

Post a Comment