Thursday, May 9, 2024

#2290 Thursday 9th may

Moving house is very hard ..... especially when there is 20 years of accumulated "useful" stuff.  It hurts to throw it all out. ..... ....and it hurts to sell off all my tools at bargain prices.

To keep you all in the loop with what’s happening…

 

Voluntary Administration

I have to say I really am not enjoying this process at all. However I guess that was always to be expected. Thinking about it, it comes down to two things:

·        The loss of control. I feel like I am back working for the government again and needing to have approval for decisions. I know I have a good financial team working with me but I miss being the boss with total autonomy.

·        Staff. Some of my staff are brilliant and some I would like to hit them on the head with a brick bat! When this is all done, I am going to have work very hard to let go of the appalling behaviour of some of my team – thankfully the minority. Intelligent people can be exceptionally dumb at times… but enough said about that!

 

On a side note, while all this is going on with CWBC, my other business is insanely busy for different reasons. More on that another time.

 

House hunting

Yay! We have a house to move into next week – 60 French Street, Ashfield down along the river.

 

Now – let me share what I’ve learned about this experience. I submitted four rental applications – two mentioned the word “disability” and two didn’t. Guess which two houses I received an offer for??

 

I wish there was somewhere I could send a complaint to about this but as I don’t have any proof, there isn’t. The only positive is that I have a better understanding about what some of my clients have to put up with in terms of discrimination.

 

House selling

Can I just say that I have the best husband ever! Not only is he cooking dinner for us at night. He is also slowly emptying a shed that has 20 years of stuff that has been collected. And when he has free time, he is doing repairs around the house!

 

We will be taking the things we want for the new house across on Monday. From that point on, there will be massive chucking out going on. We’ve got two weeks to try and get this house of ours ready for the market.  We’ll get there because we have to.

 

Mental health and wellbeing

Ian has been physically exhausted the last week. I’m mentally exhausted. In our own ways we are both grieving.

 

The only good news here is that Ms Kaylee is her usual ray of sunshine and is currently fixating on cheesecake for Mother’s Day this weekend J

 

Possible areas that we might need help

We are going to need help on Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th of May so if you’re free and would like to help, here are the two areas that we’ll need some help with:

·        Painting and

·        General throwing out of stuff

 

Don’t feel you have to offer, this is mainly for those of you who have asked. Let me know if you can come across and when you might be free.

 

Thank you for all of your check-ins and support. I’m not the most communicative at the moment. This is just how I process what is happening…and to be honest in the evenings I am working very hard to turn my head off.

 

Nxx

No comments:

Post a Comment