Saturday, June 12, 2010

Saturday 12th June 2010

Last night she started the night well but woke at 4am and was UP! There was no getting her to sleep and Naomi retreated to store some zeds so she could get through the day. I tried to keep the beast under control till dawn! By 9am, Kaylee was starting to climb the walls with "CAR" and "PECKAR" at 1 minute intervals .... she figures that repetition will do the trick! Fortunately, we found that the chemist who had dispensed the Lovan would give us another packet pending a new prescription (since SSRI's should not be stopped suddenly) ... so it was off in the car to get some Lovan. A dose of Lovan a 10am was having a clear effect by midday and by evening, she was back to normal. In a way, this has been a good experience as it shows that we are on the right track with the current mix of medications.
While at the chemists I met a friend who I hadn't seen for a couple of years and as soon as I was asked "How are things going?", I couldn't really answer .... so I handed over a card with the web address of this blog ... the blog hopefully can give a clearer picture - much better than I can verbally. I still struggle with the question of whether we're being 'wooses' or whether we have genuine cause for feeling 'up against the wall'.

No comments:

Post a Comment