Sunday, December 26, 2010

#128 Sunday 26 December 2010

37 to go
Boxing Day ... is that for putting stuff back in boxes? .... or for going around boxing people?
Health .... Naomi is still sick as the proverbial. My toe has just given me a r.e.a.l.l.y bad night ... an hour after going to sleep the pain woke me (about 7/8) ... painkillers ... try to sleep .. no good ... more painkillers .... sleep a little .... more painkillers. I finally slept about 3am and when I woke, the pain was gone.

Kaylia slept late .... after all the swimming and time in the sun, she was tuckered out. Today she doesn't want breakfast ... she doesn't want presents .... she just wants "CAR!!"

She is now eating popcorn! At least it's something!

Recently I discussed blogging and Pete mentioned Samuel Pepys .... not having heard of Mr Pepys I went to Google .... and I was amazed! Samuel Pepys (1633 - 1703) wrote a daily diary in great detail - what an insight into the way life was lived at the time. He would have loved the idea of a blog on the net!

Today Anni & Barbara leave us to fly back to Germany .... weather permitting! Isn't it a strange time ... floods, snowing .... I won't ask "What's next?"

Later: Zoe & I have just returned from a drive to Toodyay, Northam and then back home. On the way, we found a macadamia farm! (This is a shared passion for Zoe & I!) Unfortunately no-one was home so we couldn't buy any .... but we know where the farm is now! The round trip to Northam & back was about 2.5 hours ... Kaylia loved it.
When we go driving, we take a supply of fruit and a drink for her ... she eats the fruit, covers herself up with her favourite blanket ... and at some point she asks for the iPad and watches videos .... the traveling itself is very calming for her. A trip like that is a little slice of heaven for her.
We're pondering an idea for Kaylia's next birthday (30 January) .... what about a stretch limo! Fill it with goodies, collect some friends ..... and go for a drive!! I think she'd enjoy that!

After tea .... she ate steak for tea and afterward I noticed that she was feeling around her loose front tooth .... or should I say .... feeling where her front tooth used to be! She was saying "... meat, meat." and we take this to mean that the tooth came out when she was eating meat!


- Posted by the Kaylee Blogger

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, Samuel Pepys, pronounced Peeps, by the way. All my life I thought it was Pep-is, but the Poms caught me again.

    May I recommend The Unequalled Self by Claire Tomalin? It's one of the most fascinating, enjoyable books I've ever read. What an interesting guy he was, to go from almost nothing to First Lord of the Admiralty on just pure intelligence and ability.

    The portrait of life in London around the time of the Plague and the Great Fire is engrossing. When I went to London in 2008, it was specifically to seek out Seething Place and his other haunts. Not much to see, I'm afraid, but his church is still there.

    ReplyDelete