Friday, May 27, 2011

#269 Friday 27 May

Its past midnight and I've been struggling with wrist for hours ... It's swollen right up again ... Nomi needs sleep and I don't think there's much can be done other than keep it elevated. At this point being knocked out is an attractive idea but even that has problems .... I have lots of discomfort from gas as my tummy tries to get back in action after its shutdown on Tuesday.

It's going to be a long night!

Each time I try to sleep I feel as though I'm hallucinating .... drugs! The pain meds have me on the verge of la-la land ... I'm sitting up now cos if i try to sleep it feels like I'm hallucinating. .... but the wrist feels better sitting up too. Might have a coffee.

Did I tell you about my coffee?.......


6:30am .... made it! I finally slept about 3am. My fingers are painfully swollen and tight.

Th night only gets about a score of 7/10 when I think of the tummy op in April 2008.... but it doesn't help much when you're in the thick of it. As soon as Naomi was awake I got help to remove the splint and it feels much better now. I'll use one of the softer splints for a little while till the swelling goes down.



I noticed this light pattern projected onto the wall by the bedside lamp ... Gorgeous! (or is that the drugs talking?)
Please excuse my detailed rambling .... I use the blog as a record of what is happening ... 24 hours after the event and things get blurry.

At least Kaylia (and Naomi) slept well!

No comments:

Post a Comment