Friday, July 1, 2011

#303 Friday 1 July

Pinch an a punch....

It's 4:45am .... I've been awake for an hour wondering if I should get up ... I'll write this and then get up. At least Kaylia is sleeping well .... no noise from Naomi so she may be awake too.

Wrist doctor today ... splint off ... Yay. (Provided of course that the X-rays show that the fused bones have healed properly.) This whole saga has been right up there in the severity scale .... I'd thought "Wrist = fairly minor" ... but using pain and effect on lifestyle as a measure, this has been worse than the bowel surgery I had a few years ago .... and that was classed as one of the most severe procedures.

Of course this view is distorted by the fact that I can read back over this blog and remind myself of each long night ...... but the tummy operation was pre-blog so my record is not so detailed.  I have an email written to a cousin who has been considering having the diverticulitus procedure done ..... I described the recovery time in hospital in a fair bit of detail.

As I write, Kaylia has become too hot .... Legs out from under the covers ... now she's jammed them into my back. Just as well I'm already awake!

5:45am   After a coffee and some fiddling with a minor repair job, I feel relatively human again!  Reading back through the recent blogs, it's a while since I've been able to sleep right through the night!  I wonder if that's a thing of the past?  Mostly I wake because the diabetes is making me visit the loo ..... then I can't go back to sleep because either my wrist is bothering me or my daughter is bothering me!  I know which I prefer!  The iPhone is magic though .... most of my writing is done while lying in bed in the middle of the night!

Naomi goes to Bali on Sunday night for two nights (... a quick trip to arrange things in the villa).  It will be interesting to see how Kaylia handles her absence.  Maybe the fact that her routine is that she uses me as a cuddle machine to get to sleep will mean that she copes with mummy being away.  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment