Monday, March 5, 2012

#529 Monday 5 March

Yesterday turned into a real day of rest .... apart from a walk to get some lunch (and a new bag) ... I've stayed in bed for 30 hours ..... sleeping most of the time. There's no food in the house so I'll have to get out and go shopping today. I'll also try to find out the 'state of play' with the villa business preparations.
It rained solidly last night.
8:20am  Feeling more chirpy now.  I've set up my 'office'  and I'm preparing for the day's sortie
....  I've tried to arrange an electrician .... I wonder what will happen?
10:45  ... I've been shopping for groceries ..... ordered some villa business cards, some villa WIFI cards ..... and a drain grate for the corner of the jalan.  The drain currently has a concrete lid ... which of course stops the water going into the drain (amazing!) ... so I've arranged for a steel grate to be made for the drain.




This is the old concrete lid!



...... and this is the new grate

.... and when we got back, there are workmen making a concrete footpath in Jn Mertasari .... for 25k Rp they will pour a bit of concrete round the Belenjong street sign to make it stand up straight!
2:30pm ..... the electricians are here ... replacing quite a few bits of wiring in the garage.  (I thought it would be needed.)   While this is happening, Made & I have been over to Remo in Denpasar to get some computer doo-dads.  I can now use the lovely big TV as a monitor for my laptop .... cool.
The power is off down the road ... but OK in the villa.  It means that the ATMs don't work so I can't get money to pay the guys!
Evening:  All ended OK.  I had to go as far as Hardys to find a working ATM.  On the way we passed the cause of the power problems   ......  workers were replacing a large transformer.  It was a slow job as they were using a block and tackle to get it into place.

2 comments:

  1. When you arrange electricians, they align themselves head to toe. It's hard to pull them apart. PJC

    ReplyDelete