Saturday, June 30, 2012

#627 Saturday 30 June

The dreaded termites are still around.  About 6 months ago, termites were found in a wall of the office.  Despite treatment at the time, we found some more this week in the same spot.  Another treatment from a different operator.  This morning we have been stripping wall lining off to get back to a repairable base.

This photo is of my little Bunnings purchase this morning .... since I can no longer play in my shed and play with big tools(toys), I now have a fetish for little tools ... my day to day "man bag" is a veritable mobile tool bag!
Kaylia is back outside in Naomi's office ... its one of her favourite places!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, me termites too. About 18 months ago they completely ate my home made pine work bench! It collapsed. Not that it mattered.
    But I've noticed they're back as a pine wall shelving system I made s slowly lowering itself. And signs on the jarrah shed beams as well.
    On Wednesday I bought a bottle of David Gray White Ant poison. You mix it with kero or any solvent to make it penetrate the wood and spray it with a garden sprayer. I'll get my tame workmen to do it, I think. They can get down low, where I can't.
    The other thing is, find some black ants and introduce them. Black ants eat white ants and drive 'em away, I'm told.

    ReplyDelete