Saturday, May 11, 2013

#910 Saturday 11 May

Up at 5am for the airport run (thanks Brynn!).   The airport is very busy .... lots and lots of people.

3pm. The flight was uneventful except that I was put in the exit row .... so I had lots of legroom!  As the plane touched down, the passenger next to me spotted a large "aircraft sized" bundle covered in tarps off to one side of the runway ... far from tourist eyes ..... probably the remains of the plane that crashed recently.
Arrival processing was quick .... and then I found that Made had mixed up my arrival time and he wasn't there to pick me up.  I negotiated with one of the taxi drivers that hover in a swarm outside the arrivals exit ..... and got the same price charged by Made.  The bonus was that the taxi parking is right next to the terminal .... so I avoided the loonng walk from the terminal to the normal parking area!  I might have to consider using taxis in future.

The villa is all ok ..... the water sealing that I worked on last trip seems to have worked .... the wall in bedroom 3 is dry despite daily rain.  Ketut is now stripping and painting.

I've been to Hardies to stock up on nibbles .... and got another set of "Beats" headphones at the same price .... after some stiff bargaining.   This price is almost half the 'fixed' price that these headphones are marked at in the shops.  This pair is purple!

Now it's time for a rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment