Sunday, December 29, 2013

#775 Sunday 29 December

We began the day with a trip to a plant nursery to buy plants for the garden.
Then it was more maintenance .... Replacing cushion covers, umbrella..... there is so much work involved with running a rental villa in Bali.  It would be impossible without our trips ... one person scoffed at the idea that our trips were a business expense .... that view is downright ignorance !  The Bali trips are absolutely essential to the villa business.

3pm ..... I finally found one!  
We came to Bali without luggage scales to weigh our cases .... I couldn't find them at home but I had bought them at Hardys before so I thought that I'd just buy a new one. ..... not so!  I searched all over and none of the shops had them.  I'd just about given up and this morning I thought of a different place to look .... Nusa Dua.  This would mean a trip on the new toll road too!

..... and I found luggage scales at the last place! 
A 747 on finals with the new terminal in the background .....
Looking north to the mountains .... you can see the toll road stretching into the distance behind the motorbike riders.

A bloggable moment .... Kaylia swims like a fish ... eyes open and all.  So when she puts on swimming goggles her eyes don't feel right to be dry .... so she fills the goggles with water and opens her eyes inside the flooded goggles!

We're all packed ready for the flight in the morning .... up at 6am for a 9am flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment