Thursday, January 30, 2014

#805 Thursday 30 January

Happy Birthday Kaylia .... 10 years old today!

She began the day by sleeping in!  .... and when she woke she was quite 'dopey' for her present time.

Then downstairs, Lara and Chris had left a tiny cake with candles and another present


Then .... at tea time we had a little party .... Aden (Kaylia's therapist from years ago) and Alison (current therapist) joined us for our favorite pizzas ....

Followed by birthday cake

From Zoe's Facebook page today  .... what a wonderful story

Zoe says "My thanks today go out to Naomi Ward and Poh Gan for teaching me so much about children with special needs and ABA. A child with autism that has been at my school for 6 months is now in my class. In the last 6 months he has not spoken a single word, NOT ONE!! I have had him for three weeks now. Yesterday I spoke to the parents. They constantly told the school that he can speak but nobody believed them. I refused to accept that this is all he is getting out of his time here and gave the parents a list of things I wanted them to bring to me from home. Today I used all my knowledge, turned my way of thinking upside down, followed the child and ... BAM ... he spoke ... no I stand corrected .... he read an entire book and smiled. He was so happy. Silence for 6 months and now his anxiety is gone and he is sharing his beautiful voice."

No comments:

Post a Comment