Wednesday, March 19, 2014

#848 Wednesday 19 March

There was a bit of excitement this morning .... Ketut found another snake.  It's harmless ... a Golden Bronzeback .... but I had some fun researching the snake varieties in Bali to identify it.


As you can see, it's about 40cm long ... the website says that at this size it is a baby and it still hasn't eaten.  It doesn't eat till after it has molted its skin the first time.  Ketut released it outside the house yard in a tree.

I did think of bringing it back to Perth for Chris but I think customs might get a bit upset!!



There are several dangerous snakes found in Bali but they are usually found in non-urban areas.





Last night we had our usual Skype call .... and when the time came for Kaylia to settle, she asked for the routine of the three bed-time stories .... and I had to join in too.  She has accepted that even when I'm away, I can still be part of her bed-time routine via Skype.   .... and it is teaching her to be much more vocal on Skype.


I've had a "builders moment" this morning ..... we've had a few complaints about bad smells in Bathroom 2 .... so I investigated. 
From the villa plans I found out that the hi-tech "Bio-Save" sewage treatment system has a vent .... so I went looking for the vent .... and what do you know!!  The builders didn't finish the vent!  It opens to the air just below the bathroom window!  No wonder a smell was evident.  Ketut will finish the vent and extend it above the roof line.  The builders were really amazingly bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment