Saturday, November 7, 2015

#1258 Saturday 7 November

I had a thought yesterday ..... (I can hear the groans already) ..... it was to wonder whether autism can have a protective effect on a child.   The experiences that a person has in early life can have a big impact on their later thoughts / feelings  ..... but the nature of autism is that the child's development reverses .... so that their development halts and goes backward.  Normally we would expect that a really bad experience at age 3 to 5 could have a big impact on later development ..... but is the regression so severe that the bad experiences associated with early autism don't have a lasting impact?   It's a comforting thought.   Kaylia is such a happy person at this stage in her life ..... maybe the horrible times she has been through haven't made a big dent in her future happiness.  I hope not.

I was supposed to be going to the villa today to check on maintenance .... but my flights have been cancelled.  I don't mind .... I have my projects at a point where I don't want the interruption.

No comments:

Post a Comment