Tuesday, November 24, 2015

#1281 Tuesday 24 November

Once again the full moon approaches ..... and we have to adopt measures to counter the effect ...... this is the effect that doesn't exist!
In some ways I don't mind it ..... one of the main effects is that Kaylia can't get to sleep.   I try to get her to sleep in the usual ways but after twice the normal time, I resort to a dose of Melatonin.  Her normal pattern is a fairly quick descent into sleep .... about 30-45 minutes.   So after an hour of trying I give her Melatonin and she goes to sleep within 15 minutes.
I've found that during the settling phase, she likes to think about her future ..... so we will talk about the next few days and sometimes further ahead.  She whispers to herself and I can almost hear the cogs whirring as she works out a nice thought pattern that she can sleep to .... then she rolls over and settles to sleep.   It's a nice time.

No comments:

Post a Comment