Monday, April 17, 2017

#1530 Monday 17 April

Ah..... sleep in!   Kaylia slept well last night.  She just settled herself at around 7pm .... woke at 4am so I took her back downstairs and stayed with her .... and I'm still here at 8:30.  She's a restless sleeper a lot of the time and she gets the blankets all tangled up .... then she gets cold and wakes!   She's accustomed to having another body to wrap herself round and she doesn't go to sleep unless she can tangle her arms and legs around something ..... preferably a person! In the absence of a person she does the same thing with the long bolster pillow beside her.    The real trick is to get her to stop twitching .... she's wrapped round me .... twitching away and her ankle bones jab into my shin bones every few seconds .... so I'm constantly moving my legs out of jabbing range.  By constantly admonishing her to "Keep still" .... in a whisper into her ear .... she eventually stops moving .... and then she goes to sleep.
Now .... it's 9am .... do I wake her up and start the day?  .... or let her sleep?   Well..... she seems to be needing the sleep lately ..... and the shops are shut for the Easter holiday ..... so I'll let sleeping girls lie.
Shopping ..... now that I have three trees worth of firewood blocks to split, I'm looking for a block splitter.  The task of chopping it all by axe is beyond me now.  I wish I hadn't sold the Kanga a few years ago.

This was such a good machine. The blocksplitter attachment was made by me and it worked really well.  I'm now looking at a much smaller one .... electric so it won't be noisy .... and I won't have to do as much in each session.  It seems a lot of $$$ to buy one but firewood is very expensive to buy.  The blocksplitter is equivalent to three loads of firewood.  When I have tonnes of free wood in block form, the choice is clear.  

No comments:

Post a Comment