Thursday, June 1, 2017

#1566 Thursday 1 June

Ah ..... that was a better night.   We gave Kaylia a melatonin tablet last night and it worked. It's a wonderful pill but  I have found that it only works at the normal bedtime ..... if given at say midnight, it won't work ..... and it's effect​ reduces rapidly when used repeatedly.

I'm writing this at 6 am ..... she woke at 5:30am and I tried a delaying tactic .... but it didn't work.  So now I'm down stairs ..... ensuring that she stays quiet till 6:45 when the morning shower routine commences.

Later: After a foray out, I can see that everyone is burning! The air is very smokey.

The world tweeting competition (after yesterdays epic) is hilarious ...... here's a few of my favourites.




.













Later again:  the fire has had the first burn of the season


Later and later ......

I've been sawing firewood again ..... using Dad's McCulloch Electramac saw ....  a 240v saw that is about 30-40 years old.  In the past I have replaced a few parts as they died .... but today the main gear drive died.  I rang the local parts place .... $66 ..... better to buy a new saw.  So onto Ebay and Bunnings ...... and there on Ebay is the identical part for a newer machine for $10.48!  I checked the dimensions and it certainly looks as though it will fit.  For $10 it won't matter if it doesn't .... but if it does fit, it will be a cheap fix .... and the Electramac will live again!




No comments:

Post a Comment