Saturday, August 5, 2017

#1614 Saturday 5 August

Today has been the first time in a while when I've had the caring task all day.... usually the aupairs handle the morning and I do the afternoon.... but without our extra hands, I have the task to myself.  This is not to say that it is terribly onerous... Kaylia can be quite good company if you never need a reply to your questions.  Her conversation is simple.... "I like school" 

Speaking of school..... yesterday I had a talk with one of the teachers..... Kaylia has been "sprung"..... sometimes doing excellent work and excellent speech..... very abnormal.  It makes me wonder whether we have a girl who is actually highly skilled and intelligent.... but she is so bound up by her stimming that it is hidden.   Or maybe she is approaching a point in her development where the Kaylia that is hidden by the stimming is revealed. 

We spent the morning at Aunty Maxine's place .... cutting wood with the chainsaws.

No comments:

Post a Comment