Tuesday, August 22, 2017

#1630 Tuesday 22 August

Another unsettled night.... Kaylia woke at around 2am and I decided.... a mistake..... to see if she could settle herself.  By 3:30 she was still noisy and Naomi was awake too!  So I went down and as soon as I was insisting "no talking,.... no moving" she curled up and went to sleep.  Without the external reminder, she sort of jiggles and wiggles around and talks to herself....  and so she stays awake.

We had a teacher parent meeting at school today... about an issue that has arisen.  The issue is an ongoing one that has been around for yonks.... and that is not going to disappear in a hurry!  Fortunately the school staff are excellent and are well able to help.

A beaut thing we heard was that Kaylia has been able to "do" Greensheep to her class!  This is a huge achievement for her.... and a big pat on the back to Naomi for creating an environment where Kaylia can thrive in this way.

No further news on the aupair front.

2:30pm  I'm at school waiting for Kaylia.... a funny thing happened on the way.  It's kerbside rubbish collection time and I spotted a chainsaw on the kerb! I thought to myself.... "Ooo.... I'll have that one!".... so I stopped.... and immediately I heard a guy working a few metres away.  I went and found him and asked if the saw was in fact a freebie .... "No way" says he!   The kerb collection hadn't occurred to him and he immediately removed the saw!

No comments:

Post a Comment