Wednesday, November 29, 2017

#1708 Wednesday 29 November

Kaylia got in trouble at school today .... I'm not very clear what the problem was ... apparently she was pushing people and not waiting.  I hope we find out .... there were no notes in the book.




Some time ago .... #907 29 May2015 .....  I wrote about the 50 year old welder that I learned to weld with in 1966



.... I still have this machine down in the shed ... it's the one on the right. It still works .... but it's hard to use compared with the modern welders.

.... but today I bought a new one!  It is a far more capable machine yet it is very small.  It has an output of 160amps yet it will hang from my belt while I'm working! The old one is so heavy that it's hard work to lift it .... the new one is about one hand in size and easy to lift one hand..... 4kg.

I love welding and being able to use welders like this is a real buzz.



Back to Kaylia.... we've talked about her fixation on "Bali at Christmas".....
We have debated long and hard about whether we risk booking flights at this time.... the price of tickets is so high that the trip is out of our financial reach ..... and the volcano is closing the airport .... the whole idea is very iffy.   ..... and then tonight, Jetstar have dropped their price by $2,000!  We can buy tickets within our budget ..... so do we risk it?
We have the luxury of being able to disregard accommodation factors .... it doesn't matter if our flights are delayed going up or coming back ..... we are fairly flexible work wise .... both Naomi and I can do our work while in Bali if we have to....  we're going to sleep on it and see what happens by Friday.  A big factor is that fitting in with Kaylia's world-view is a big part of managing her behaviors ..... and going to Bali for Christmas is a very difficult concept to dislodge.   If there had been vacancies at Busselton we might have been able to divert her .... but we're running out of ideas apart from that.


The house projects ...... I've put the room move "on hold" for a few days while I repair the storm damage .... I have bought all the materials needed .... now I have to tackle the 4 parts of the repairs.  These are:
1 Bungalow roof
2 Spa roof
3 Tractor shed roof
4 Garden area
All these tasks are quite easy and because the builders delayed so long,  in effect I am being paid to do the work .... and this is funding our holiday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment