Saturday, December 16, 2017

#1722 Saturday 16 December

It's 3pm.... We're waiting outside the op shop while Naomi is having her post work fix.  This morning I took Kaylia to the shops.... we'd run out of bubble bath.  While in Woolworths Kaylia kept walking without me.... so I thought I'd watch and see what she did when she realised that she was lost.  I knew exactly where she was by listening to her babbling.  I could tell that she had passed by the aisle where I was.... so I followed her.  I could see her about 20 metres away and she was looking in all the wrong directions.  I caught up with her and we had a little talk about being lost.  I explained that if she was lost she should stand still.  I think the lesson sank in.

Naomi frequently plays a game of "Twenty Questions".... most of the questions are ones of identity and so very important.... but Kaylia loves the game. 

On a more sombre note ..... The announcement yesterday of the final report into the abuse of children in institutions was a momentous event .... it's very sad that the "institutions" don't appear to be accepting the need for change.   The effect on the victims is lifelong so it will be a tragedy if the abuse continues.  Even 50 years after the events, I still relive it almost daily .... and yesterday's report was particularly upsetting.

No comments:

Post a Comment