Sunday, February 18, 2018

#1767 Sunday 18 February

It's 9:30pm and I've been trying to get Kaylia to settle down to sleep..... but she's too happy!  She is very content and pleased with life.  It's not the excitement that comes as an alternative to the anxiety.... It's genuine happiness.
Today Naomi needed a catch-up rest.... so Kaylia and I went for a looonngg car drive.... we went out to York ... then down to Beverley and back to Perth via West Dale.  I haven't driven that road for 40 years.... but I was able to locate the Morrell farm which Dad would look after  when his friends were away.  I would go out to the farm with Dad and I usually went off into the bush to hunt rabbits with Dad's rifle.  I was able to provide a few meals that way.  Rabbit soaked overnight in lemon juice makes the 'gamey' rabbit into a very good tasting meal.   At the farm, I remember that there were two John Deere tractors in the shed.... they would be real collectors items now.

No comments:

Post a Comment