Wednesday, May 23, 2018

#1814 Wednesday 23 May

After dropping Kaylia off at school this morning I continued over to Duncraig to visit Anne and together we examined hundreds of slides ..... remember those?  You know ... the things we used before digital photos.  Anne had emptied the back shed and had a carton with about 40 or 50 boxes of slides dating from around 1970 through to 1979.  There were some slides of my days in the gliding club ..... including the only photos I have of me in the glider before take off and photos that I took during flight.  Then there were many from our 3 years at Balgo Hills .... 300kms south of Halls Creek in the Kimberleys.    We renewed old memories while checking for the current state of repair  .... and whether the images were meaningful .... many were just places we had been to and the image had no intrinsic value.  So many went into the rubbish!  The remaining slides will eventually be "digitised" and saved on the computer.  Some of the slides may be of value to the Batty Library ... we will see.

In the afternoon Kaylia and I headed home .... and of course she went straight into the bath!  It's now nearly 2 hours later and she is still singing away.  She has a mountain of bubbles in the bath and she agreed with me "Good bubbles!"

No comments:

Post a Comment