Sunday, July 8, 2018

#1840 Sunday 8 July

We're off to Busselton this morning.  A little break is always a welcome thing.  Kaylia is quietly excited ..... when she woke this morning and we discussed the coming day, day 'glowed'.

Now at 8:20am she has been in the bath since 7:30.  While she chortles and frolics, I've been working on the accounts .... everything is updated and reported.  Now I'm watching the eBay countdown to 8:38am when the bidding ends on two items .... I'm trying to get an "for parts" laptop ... the same as my favorite laptop .... the Acer Aspire S3 MS2346 .... so that I can practice pulling one to pieces before I tackle my working one.   Ooops .... I'm bidding on two and I've just been out bid on one.

These 'busted' laptops present a challenge to me ... can I rebuild them to be a functional machine .... at an economical price .... will the cost of purchase plus parts still be less the cost of buying a functional laptop?

.... and sheesh .... I didn't get either of the two!  The price snuck over the limit I had placed .... I had found the cost of the parts needed to fix them and I figure that whoever bought them will not be able to repair them at a reasonable price.  Ah well .... keep looking.  I like eBay.

No comments:

Post a Comment