Saturday, February 5, 2022

#2060 Saturday 5th February

I decided that it was time to trim Kaylia's "toe talons".  In the past she's been ok with this but lately she's become highly resistant.  I put a price/reward on it.  She wanted to go to the op shop so I said "We will go when your toenails are clipped".  It was evident that her resistance was almost a phobia... like the needle had been.  So I used the same technique that Neil had used to overcome her needle resistance.  I sat and waited and kept touching her toes with the clippers... first with them covered, then bare.... talking and getting her to breathe and calm.  After about 40 minutes, the first toe was done.... reward with an M&M.  It took another 30 minutes for the next 4 toes..... with rewards.... and then 5 minutes for the other foot!

The day is VERY hot..42 degrees ... I must be getting old cos this summer seems much hotter than I'm used to. It's too hot in the shed so I stay inside.  I'm so glad that we got the ceiling fixed so the house stays cool..

No comments:

Post a Comment