Thursday, October 12, 2023

#2227 Thursday 12th October

I've just returned from a grueling session with the engineer who is trying to gain approval for registration from the Depth of Transport.  I feel as though I'm poking a wasp nest!  It seems that because the Landrover body ( on top of the Range rover chassis) is 50mm higher than the original Range rover body.....   the Department is looking at the vehicle with a microscope!  Apparently I will not be able to attend a normal inspection station..... I will have to take it to the head office and have multiple experts all checking it over.
(this photo is of one of the extra body supports welded to the original chassis) 

After today's visit I have a list of things that need further work.  Some things are easy.... but some will be very hard. Today I went to a local business that allowed me to use their hoist....... and I'm so envious.  It would be much easier to do all these tasks if I could put it up on a hoist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment