Sunday, December 31, 2023

#2249 Sunday 31st December 2023

 New Year's eve

Best wishes to all readers.  


I was flabbergasted to read of people travelling to Sydney (for the new year fireworks) from the other side of the world!  Is this a sign of excessive, profligate consumption?


Users of iiNet mobile phone service have been bombarded with messages warning that the 3G service would be ceasing ..... and that we should upgrade to a 4G capable phone.  I did this ..... and then 2 weeks ago I found that I had no voice calls in or out.  Enquiries revealed that we were not told of a small detail....  in addition to the phone being 4G, it had to have "voLTE" capacity.  That is ... the phone might be 4G but without that other extra, no voice service would be possible.  .....  and I am sure that we were not advised of this.  .... but I did not save the iiNet communications so I can't prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment