Friday, May 28, 2010

Friday 28th May 2010

A significant event has occurred a short while ago - let me share it with you! Every time in the past - when Kaylia has arrived home from school - she has charged down the stairs and ignored me. (My desk is near the front door and I always say hello to her.) Today ... for the first time ... I said "Hello Kaylia" and she looked at me, then ran over and jumped on my lap to give me a hug! What a special moment!

At this moment Kaylia is half way through her 2 hour therapy session (3:30 to 5:30, three days a week) and today her enunciation seems much better - the words are much clearer .... and she actually responded with a 'No' instead of 'No haha'. (This 'No haha' is something that crept in from somewhere and it is proving to be a battle to get to her to just say 'No')

The sleeping has improved but we're still not there yet ... last night she woke at 1am and after a 'sleepy dose' she slept again at 2am.
Tonight the school has a Year One dance! It will be marvellous to see her 'doing her thing'! (Of course her 'thing' is a little different to the other kids .... )

No comments:

Post a Comment