Friday, October 15, 2010

#81 Friday 15 October 2010


What a busy day! It was the school sports carnival and I went along .... Naomi missed out as she was working. I watched Kaylia come third in a running race ..... somewhere in the day she was able to score a 1st, 2nd, 3rd and a 4th ribbon! She needed help to participate (thanks Zeta) but she was right in there ..... she is not able to do it on her own yet but I feel as though it is within reach for her to be able to be 'age appropriate'. 'On ya Kaylee!

We had a review meeting at school yesterday ... very satisfying .... the school is doing such a good job with her ... plans are being made for kaylia's transition from year one to year two. It should be a good start to the next year. The iPad (not iPod) is proving to be really valuable as a teaching tool for Kaylia .... we're planning to get another iPad which will stay at school to help her in class.

This week I've started a new thing in therapy .... I have trouble remembering how to do the therapy exercises ... so I made a 1 minute video of the exercise and then put it on the iPad ... this worked really well and we are now planning to build a 'library' of videos of therapy exercises. We started this today .... and ran up against a baffling situation where Kaylia just couldn't do an exercise ... one where she has succeeded many times in the past. The video I made may be useful in her monthly review next Friday .... to help her psychologist to work out what is happening.

Naomi & I have decided on a new tactic to force ourselves to have a break .... we are each going on a solo holiday! Since Jetstar are having a sale, I've booked a very cheap flight to Bali next February. Naomi will do the same ... so we will both have a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment