Thursday, October 21, 2010

#84 Thursday 21 October 2010

Today was the day I went to the wrist doctor .... my wrist is bad! Not the worst he's seen (he showed Naomi & I pictures of a worse one, even some video of the operation itself...blood and gore to boot). He said that my wrist is not a repair job ... just a "salvage what we can to reduce the pain" job! The plan is to try cortisone injections to see if it helps the pain ... and then plan toward an operation where he removes two of the wrist bones (which cause much of the pain) and fuse the remaining bones together so they're not rubbing. Great.
My hope is that I can delay the operation for a while (with the cortisone) and maybe some other medical miracle will come along. It still means that my workshop interests are over.

On a different note, I forgot to give Kaylee her melatonin tonight. It's 9.30pm and she is still awake. Naomi has just worked out what has been going wrong. Apparently for the last two hours, Kaylee has been going "pink iPod, black iPod, big iPod", requesting one after the other. When Naomi got fed up with giving her the iPod that she was using, Kaylee started saying "Mummy - little iPod". After two hours of this Naomi asked me if Kaylee had had her meds tonight. Guess who is in the sin bin.

No comments:

Post a Comment