Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#191 Tuesday 8 March 2011

The plane arrived at 2:05 am .... I was last on the plane as I had the frontest seat .... 1a!! As I'd checked in early my bag was the first on the plane .... last off!! I had to wait and wait for it to come round the carousel. When I checked in, I found that my bag was 6kg over-weight! I was sure it was lighter than the trip up. (Pete ... buy some scales!) I had to sit on the floor and transfer the contents of my bag into my hand luggage! Strange .... my hand luggage ended up being very nearly the same weight as checked .... but no-one queried it.

Trip down seemed very quick as I went to sleep soon after take off and woke when deescent to Perth began! Customs in Perth was slow .... since my bag was the LAST off the plane, I was the LAST through customs! Usual story .... I tell the customs man "I have a case full of these." as I hold up an Indocafe sachet ..... he says "Go through!"

Zoe was waiting .... but she had been sworn to secrecy and she would not tell me anything of the happennings at home ..... except that she'd been bitten by a spider and her foot swelled up .....

Later in the day, I had the full story ..... much of it family business not for the blog .... I was so angry!!
Kaylia had been so upset by the fact that I had taken my iPad with me .... after days and days of melt-downs ..... when it was clear that she wasn't going to accept it .... Naomi went out and bought another iPad so it could be duplicated from my backups .... hey presto! Melt-downs fixed becouse routine is re-established!

It sounds like we're giving in .... or spoiling her .... No .... our life is about management of routine .... keep Kaylia's life in the same groove. If we can do this, we can survive.

The other factor in play is our lack of resilience .... or emotional stamina. After years of this, we don't have the emotional resources that a normal parent might have. We sometime just have to accept a survival strategy .... even though it is not ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment