Wednesday, March 9, 2011

#192 Wednesday 9 March 2011

Today I heard some more of the saga of what happened with Kaylia while I was away. Phew.

I had a strange experience this morning .... I was at a desk waiting for the computer to do something or other ....my right elbow was resting on the desk surface. As I oten do, I was gently moving the wrist joint to explore the areas that hurt. I realised that I could actually hear the noise being produced by the joint surfaces rubbing together .... the vibrations were travelling down the bone and into the timber which was then acting as an amplifier! I'm getting closer to the point of doing something about it.

Poor Kaylia is going through a bored period. We haven't been able to have any therapy services for her since Christmas ..... and school doesn't seem to be challenging enough for her. Her behaviour reeks of boredom. At the same time we are noticing gains in other areas ..... she is verbalising her wants/needs much more now. Tonight, Naomi went outside to the office .... after while Kaylia says "Mummy" so I asked if she wanted me to call Mummy .... Yes. I then used the phone/intercom to speak to Naomi. Soon after, Naomi was still not inside so Kaylia then gets the phone .... "Do you want me to call Mummy?".... Yes ..... so I showed her how to operate the intercom and gave it to Kaylia .... "Hello" she says! What a champion!

No comments:

Post a Comment