Monday, July 11, 2011

#313 Monday 11 July 2011

Significant event ..... end of an era ...... another nail in my shed's coffin!









This is a photo of the gas cylinder from my welder ..... after being returned to the gas supplier. I haven't used my welder in about 2 years and since it costs $170 a year just to have the cylinder sitting in the shed, when the latest bill arrived it was time for a reality check. I'm unlikely to be 'playing in my shed' for the foreseeable future ... so it doesn't make sense to keep it.

For those of you that don't know, "the shed" has been a major part of my life and a consuming passion ..... but it isn't compatible with 'life as we know it' now (apologies to Star Trek fans) so I'm gradually closing it down. My lathe was sold last year. My welder will be next to go. Then the bobcat.

Sad but inevitable.

This is the Kanga with a firewood "block-splitter" attached .... one of my past projects. It works really well.

Now .... to more important things! Kaylia has been to the doctor today. (She needs a new referral for the psychologist for her therapy program.) in the past, a visit to the doctor has been ... well .... not a battle ... but an interesting time ... Kaylia wants to explore the toys .... and get her share of the lollies..... Today she was a gem .... she sat on the chair and was perfectly behaved by any standard! Then an hour later at therapy she was just about hyper! I could hear her singing from the other end of the building. She's a conundrum wrapped in an enigma!

No comments:

Post a Comment