Thursday, December 29, 2011

#469 Thursday 29 December

Another waiting day ... the builder had said that his men would be here this morning to fit the door .... no men!
We had a meeting with the villa manager and interviewed a maid.  Putuh starts tomorrow.  We were able to assure ourselves of her English competence and understanding so we feel that we can see her being a long-term staff member.

I made good use of the rest of the waitng time ... fitted the carved braces to the entry door ... the door now works well and looks good.







I also found that the main entry gate had swollen and couldn't be opened ... so I fixed that .... and gave everything a coat of oil.
Meanwhile Kaylia, Kat and Naomi went off for a shopping run.  In the afternoon, Kaylia had a big swim. Naomi and I went down for tootie massage .... it is making a difference with my sore feet.  I also had a hand massage last night .... for the past year I've had nerve problems in my thumbs .... an after effect of the cortisone injection in the wrist.  (The needle had gone right through the nerves.)  After the hand massage, I'm almost free of the pain!  A big improvement.

Last night I gave Naomi a break from Kaylia so that Naomi could get a good night of sleep ..... it was a delight to wake before Kaylia and watch her slowly awaking.  At this time of the day she just glows with happiness at having her people with her.    All the readers with "Kaylia history" will know of Kaylia's delight at 'collecting her people'!

Now it's 5pm ... we've been down to Hardys for an icecream .... now we're pondering if we can summon the energy for 'makanan malam' .... maybe not.

Later:  No .... I didn't feel hungry but I did go for another session of foot and hand  massage ... gee it's good!

No comments:

Post a Comment