Friday, January 6, 2012

#477 Friday 6 January

I think we're going to be on a "beach crawl" for the next few days ..... I can just imagine what life is going to be like when we get back to Perth ..... Two weeks till school .... two weeks of "beach, beach"!

The trip to Padang Bai yesterday took it out of me .... it was a reasonably long and steep descent from the car park to the beach and the steps were uncomfortably high. Going down was hard enough .... I was worried about coming back up. (My left hip has become quite painful in the last couple of years .... it's hard to sleep on my left side now.). When the time came for the climb back up to the car, it was a breeze because Kaylia was so difficult that I had no chance to think of myself! It was a very early bed time last night .... I think I crashed at about 6:30pm!

5pm  This has been a day incommunicado!  No phone, no internet, SMS only worked locally.
 Naomi, Kaylia and Kat headed off for the Big-H while I waited.  (plus doing jobs such as fitting up a floor lamp, adjusting doors.)
After waiting all morning for the technicians to come, I was desperate by 1pm when the Krew returned.  During the morning a had applied my very fuzzy head to the problem and my logic said that the ADSL splitter was faulty ... so I grabbed Made and headed off to find a new one.  After three different shops, Made said to me "You're too sick ... you go back to the villa and I'll find one."  So .... back to the villa.  Eh voila! The technicians were there! (Call Made back.)
After some talking and testing we determined that it was not the splitter .... there was a short in the socket in the living room.  Replace the socket and everything is fine.  Phew!

Then it was time to cool off in the pool for a while and then it was Hardys for DVDs and icecream.  While there I thought I'd get another singlet that I'd got at Biaritz on Tuesday.  Hardys price is half that of Biaritz .... but they don't have any stock!  We go back to the villa and K says "Burger!"  Off we go again .... into POURING rain!  It was too wet to get out of the car so we used drive-through .... and Made says "You order .... I don't want to get wet!"   Back to the villa ... to find that it hasn't rained at all there!  After all that, Kaylia didn't want her burger .... but I found that I could actually eat it.  My first 'food' since Monday.

Now it is wind down to bed time.  Kaylia is playing and soon Naomi and  Kat will go out for tea and to pick up clothes from the tailor.

Here endeth the day.....

No comments:

Post a Comment