Saturday, January 21, 2012

#492 Saturday 21 January

How long till school starts again??? ..... pleeaasse!!!



It's hard to handle her need to be entertained. There are very few activities where she is able to generate her own interest .... instead she cycles between a range of activities which all have a high level of adult input. It gets very wearing ... the upside is watching her personality developing. Her sense of humor continues to grow .... and her singing! Last night we were all in the car .... and a song was on the radio .... a current popular one with a clear repeated 'riff' ... the song finished and then we hear Kaylia singing that 'riff' for the next few kilometers!



Yesterday she went outside and I thought "oh .... out to the swing .... good". I went out a few minutes later ... and she was not there! I eventually found her in the next door neighbor's swimming pool (and I was stung twice by a wasp while persuading her to come home.)



At the time I told her she was "a naughty girl" ..... Later she was clearly starting to repeat this line! I had to swiftly repair the damage I'd done ..... and assure her that running away was naughty   .... but she was a good girl.



We're constantly trying to build a positive "self-image" within her mind .... I think we have achieved this and this is one of the key reasons that Kaylia is such a happy cheerful child despite her problems.








I stand corrected ... Or rather I sit corrected! I'm sitting on the lounge and Kaylia brings in her mobile dolls house .... and she's playing with it! I'm not sure that it is imaginary play .... but it's clearly not 'stimmy' play.



Evening: we've had a beaut few hours at Dennis and Stana's place .... Kaylia has been in the pool the whole time!

No comments:

Post a Comment