Wednesday, June 13, 2012

#611 Wednesday 13 June

Last day.  Today I go to the airport ready for the flight to be delayed because of the storms.
Last night I went on patrol with the duty officer of the tourist police.  The impression gained is that being in the tourist police is a form of retirement or standby .....   The tourist police are badly resourced ... the police car is old and in very poor condition ..... it took a long time to start the engine!  They certainly couldn't respond swiftly to any call!    It also appears that they are only allowed a very small amount of fuel for the car!  They can only do  small patrols and not often.
The evening meal was at D'anti as usual .... my preference now .... beautiful food .... small serves but good ... the serves are about the same size as our frozen meals at home .... so I have continued my diet!


 This is Nasi Campur a la D'anti
I have also had the really hard job of sampling some massage and spa venues so we have a list ready for guests.






This is the Tirta Ayu Spa in Danau Poso .... a short distance away .... walk there, taxi back.  It's a very pretty, pleasant spot able to cater for 4 or 5 couples at once .... excellent standard of bathrooms etc.

At home:
After a leisurely pack up time I headed for the airport at 10am ..... very early for the flight but I had new business cards to collect for the villa. Traffic is very slow in Bali at present due to the building activity for the new freeway/bypass. This is an amazing project which will take traffic away from the shopping areas. A new airport terminal is also being built .... the projects are due to be completed for a heads of government meeting next year.
Once at the airport (early) I realized that the strange feeling I had was hunger ... I'd missed breakfast! So ... chilli chicken went down well. Still early so I had a chance to browse the shops ... I bought a cool business card holder to hold our supply of villa cards in the office.

1 comment:

  1. "the projects are due to be completed for a heads of government meeting next year." Yes, Bali and Asia in general goes ahead and actually does things. Perth Airport has a 10 year plan which might get started in two years and might be completed in 5 years time, by which time it's already overcome by traffic. Perth Airport - what a load of rubbish we are served up.

    ReplyDelete