Saturday, June 23, 2012

#621 Saturday 23 June

I sometimes wonder whether I'm not making the whole "poor us" scenario up ..... is it really that bad? Don't all parents have the same experience?
Then I listen to a friend arranging for baby sitting for the kids (similar age to Kaylia) and the whole process is so much simpler, the kids are so much more independent and capable ..... the freedom that the parent of an NT child has is huge in comparison.
So .... I think "No I'm not exaggerating .... Life is pretty tough for us.". After six years of constant ASD induced stress, we're probably doing pretty well! Our strategy (of gathering extra adults into our family) is working for us .... It's helping us to stay sane!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, and the stress is reducing as you go on, isn't it? I can tell that. Still 24/7 existence, but easier to deal with. So it should continue to get easier ... look forward to that.

    ReplyDelete