Wednesday, June 20, 2012

#618 Wednesday 20 June

Busy day  ... Naomi goes to hospital short for a day procedure ... home tonight.
I've just had a frustrating time on the phone to a government respite funding agency .... I have found a source of respite care for Kaylia during the school holidays and the provider has applied for Commonwealth funding.  We go right through a 45 minute interview with the commonwealth agency  ..... and then they ask ".... and how much are you prepared to pay for this?" !!!!! 
Sheesh!  If we had the resources to pay for it we wouldn't be asking for funding  .... duh!
And all this from an interviewer who clearly knew very little about autism.
.
Evening
All's well with Naomi.
There's been fun and games at the villa today .... The water pump is not working .... but instead of just fixing it, the villa manager has been waiting till I approve any repairs! This after me clearly saying many times .... "Water is essential. If its broken, just fix it .... Don't wait for approval"
.
On top of this I've had to move my next trip forward to 22 July to fit in with aupair changeover .... Turns a very cheap ticket into a very expensive one.

No comments:

Post a Comment