Friday, August 10, 2012

#666 Friday 10 August

"Self-centred"ness   Selfishness  Greed
.
All these characteristics are seen as being really bad.  They ARE bad!  In my life 'pre-Autism' I always saw these as signs that the person was bad .... deficient .... (sinful!!).
Now?  So much of these sort of behaviours can be a direct result of the faulty brain processes that autism produces in a person.  Now when I encounter a person being self-centred, I run the behaviour through my "A Filter" to see whether I need to make allowance for the disability ..... or is the person un-diagnosed?
I wonder how many people in my past experience have actually been suffering from un-diagnosed disability?  Nowadays we're much more conscious of disability .... but in past times, the behaviour was just assessed on scriptural guidelines.  This of course opens another 'can of worms'  ... how does disability fit into the biblical/Quranic worldview?  Easy enough for a visible, external disability .... but what about a real disability that cannot be seen?

(BTW, it's completely by accident that this discussion occured on this particular blog number. )
.
Enough philosophy for now.
.
This morning Kaylia almost went back to the 'ear covering' walk .... when we walked into school she dragged me off in a different direction .... toward the rooms where she went for pre-school.  "Do you remember these room?" .... "Yes"  ... She spent a while looking at the room and then she was happy to go to her current classroom.  There's a lot going on in her mind that we don't know about .... I wish we could communicate better.
.
Afternoon.  She's home early today .... quite upset at school.  It sounds like a mix of several problems.  She is in the shower and she just wants therapy.  Kat will be here soon.
.
Evening
During therapy time I found the remains of the morning dose of Lovan spread over the floor !!!!  No wonder the day had gone pear-shaped!
After several car trips and a vist to Nandos she has recovered her equilibrium and hopefully she will be OK tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment