Monday, December 24, 2012

#785 Monday 24 December

Christmas Eve!  It's a special one ... we are trying to meld Austrian and Australian customs.  The differences aren't big but it's interesting.

Stop press .... important!

I weighed Kaylia this morning ..... she has been off the Risperdal for 2 weeks and she's lost 2kg!  This is terrific.  We won't be able to keep her off the 'R' fo more than a month .... so it won't make a big difference to her 'over-weightness' .... but it shows that the weight gain probably isn't a long term problem.  Once we can get Kaylia to a point where she can 'self-manage' the stimming etc (that the R controls), then she can stop taking R and her weight will return to a healthy level.


Last night AJ and Zoe took Kaylia to a "Carols by Candlelight" nearby ..... and she loved it!  She danced and danced ..... and knocked AJ over so she could sit on top of her!

Last night I created a 'BlogBook' PDF for the period 11 Jan to now ..... it's been an interesting time and having the blog in the correct order makes it so much easier to read ..... all 169 pages of it!  The blog statistics are becoming impressive .... 24,000 views, 450 pages of writing, readers all over the world ......  I wish we could know a little about the readers .... clearly some read the blog because they know us but there must be many, many readers who are reading it for some other reason. I wonder what it is.

Later:
This is a musing ramble ... so be patient!  In 1976 Anne & I bought an Engel car fridge in Alice Springs.  It has served me well over the years .... 36 years now ..... and has never given any trouble.  I've often remarked on it's longevity so I thought I'd see if the manufacturers keep track of the 'oldies'.  Their website shows a picture of one bought in 1962 that died in January this year!  So they are interested in the old ones.  I sent them an email with the details.  Maybe in another 14 or 15 years time, my Engel will be breaking a record.

No comments:

Post a Comment