Tuesday, March 26, 2013

#873 Wednesday 27 March

Full moon!

It explains the OTT behaviour we've seen over the past few days .....

At therapy yesterday it was a good session .... she was really firing! One of the exercises has her arranging picture cards into the right sequence for a nursery rhyme .... she had the audience in fits as she "performed" her version of the rhyme.

This will be a good 'benchmark' for language development.

Further thoughts on the big "A" ...... there have been some significant occasions in my life when people have reacted to me in a way that has puzzled me. In many of those situations I still don't understand what I have done to cause the result  ... and most of the time, you can't simply ask "What did I do wrong?"  Even if I could ask, the topic is probably not something that people will be comfortable discussing.  This is probably what a person with "A" experiences .... the sense of puzzlement about what went wrong with the social behaviour. 

There have also been times when I have looked back on the way I handled a social situation .... and wondered why I did that!  In hindsight I can see that my behaviour was quite wrong or inappropriate .... but at the time it just happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment