Monday, October 28, 2013

#722 Monday 28 October

Well ... an Ebay win!  I've been able to get another Sony on Ebay .... identical to the one that died (and caused Naomi so much grief) .... I now have enough parts that I should be able to resurrect the dead one ... and have two working Sonys for about $100 outlay.  Despite being a few years old, these are a beautifully made laptop and they're really worth the effort.

Today in Bali land?  Pool repairs first.  Lanang is still coming with a pump to reverse flush the drain and try to clear the blockage.  I've been able to find a new "grate" for the drain hole so we can stop objects going down again.  It's funny .... I couldn't find the grate at any of the pool shops ... so as a last resort I went to the nearby Asia Tiles shop that has been good in the past .... they had just what I needed ... plus some other bits that Mitra10 and ACE could not supply .... and they had shower fittings almost identical to the ones I bought at Mitra10 .... at half the price!  Silly me.

It illustrates a strange part of Bali life .... the complete absence of logic about procuring building and plumbing supplies.  A shop will have one item ... but not a second item that is essential to be able to install the first.   The most basic items ... such as particular screws ... cannot be found in Bali.  Over the years we've had the villa, I've steadily taken a supply of these sorts of things to Bali.  There's not much I'm missing now.

I've been preparing a "Maintenance Checklist" for Putu so we can try to improve the standard at the villa.

Midday:  Lanang has finally been able to clear the blockage!  Everything is working as it should again.

This is all the stuff that was blocking the drain.  I have put a new grate in place.

Afternoon
A good sleep .... with leg cramps when I woke.  I have been careful to drink a lot of water ... and the magnesium .... I'll see if there's something else I can take .... the cramps are really bad.


Evening
After a trip to Hardys to gather supplies .... and to the apotek to get more remedies for leg cramps ..... I'm now at a nice little spot with a good menu.

A woman nearby had ordered a Bintang and lemonade .... I'd forgotten it!  It's good.

This is a neat eating spot.  The wall full of comments is good to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment