Tuesday, October 29, 2013

#723 Tuesday 29 October

Happy birthday Dad... 91

9am  Up at 6 ... office work .... then breakfast and start on the "fix it" stuff.  Brace the kitchen ensuite door.  Where's my planer?  It's gone!  Bugga!  Oh well I have two bits of timber ... I'll smooth one for now and get the other nicely finished for next trip.  Sandpaper?  ..... gone!  Bugga!
The door is braced and now closes and locks ... but it's a temporary fix.

Sliding door to BR2 .... sheesh .... to adjust the door hang, the curtains have to come off and pelmet be removed .... BIG job.  I can't face it right now .... later
11:30. Back at "Downtown" for lunch

I've just been to Hardys and found one of the methods used so that building happens so fast ......


They're adding a new level .... it appears that they do it mostly at night and then down tools in the daytime so that shoppers can do their thing.

I've finally remembered to test the generator .... It doesn't start at all .... The tech has been called for this afternoon.

My plan for tomorrow is to leave at a for the airport a few hours early and stop off at the delightful massage that's not far from the airport ... that will get me nice and relaxed for the flight home!

Later
The generator has a dead battery.  The tech could not help with that .... "Call me when you have a new battery and I will fit it."   So .... off to Denpasar.

I asked Bisma to send over a man to do the door in BR2 .... but when he came he was no better than me and went off unable to do it.  So I got to work and took down the curtains & tracks ... then had to rip off the pelmet - the stupid people nail the pelmet on instead of screwing it.  So you have to wreck it to take it off.  They must think that the doors will never need to be adjusted.
The door now works fine.  I'll put the curtain track back up without the pelmet for now ... make a new pelmet in December.
I've got 5 new sets of keys.  They will have a large wooden tag ... so they will find it harder to wander.  A total set of new locks & keys will be arranged for December.
I'm writing while having a break.

The track is now up sans pelmet .... the curtains will hide the absence till it can be remedied.  I went to sweep up .... Mystery!  Not a single dustpan and handbroom in the place!  There was one in every room before.  I'm fairly sure that they were there in July as I would have noticed the lack of them then when cleaning up the mess I always make.   Where have they gone?  Maybe the same place as the planer!

4pm ... found them!  They were stuffed away in the corner of the laundry area!  Not much use there!

I was in the pool not long ago and noticed ants scurrying around along the pool edge .... small but with big nippers .... they are so small that the surface tension of the water traps them.  It occurred to me  that we are very fortunate that they can't swim!  The thought of them in the water with me is ghastly!

6:30. After lots of walking, I was finally relaxing at a warung .... when the generator man calls!  I have to go home to sign.   It's taking a long time for him to get it right.  I was intending to have a relaxing tea before going back the the villa .... 

8:30. I had a sleep instead and now I'm at Mama Putu warung for tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment