Saturday, April 5, 2014

#859 Saturday 5 April

Voting day .... I helped as  "Get Up" person at the local polling place.


I'm the ol' codger in the rocking chair!  ..... I'm still not sure ..... but I'm not sure what I'm not sure about.  .... and while in my comfy rocking chair, I refuse to get up.

I found that many people would come over and talk to me .... most were surprised to find that it isn't a political party and liked the idea of being encouraged to think about their vote.

This is "Taco" .... a high school student who coordinated the Darlington Get Up crew.  She was one of several young people who participated.  I was impressed.  It reflects well on the quality of the teaching staff at their school ..... the staff encourage community involvement.


1pm  Kaylia will be home soon ... and the routine will continue.  This afternoon it will be "hose time" till Naomi gets home ... then shopping .... then tea-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment