Monday, May 12, 2014

#892 Monday 12 May

Rainy start to the day ..... makes it humid after the rain stops.  I found out today that the kitchen cupboards are badly in need of a major repair .... so it's fortunate that I didn't cancel the trip when I found that I had to go to hospital last week.  Having the villa is good in many ways but a real B*&^%# in other ways.  Things go wrong so easily and then they're difficult to get repaired.

Today ..... resting and massage.  I'm still a bit sore internally and I must move carefully.


News from Chris and Lara ....  this is their trip progress so far.











I'm still experimenting with the effect of diet on blood sugar levels ..... last night I had a Guiness and lemonade.  It sent the BSL up to 14!  Next step .... is it just the lemonade? or both? .... I'll test that tonight and have just lemonade.   My aim is to keep BSL below the 7/11 levels.  The effects of diabetes are not acceptable to me and I must avoid those issues like the plague.

Evening for tea at Bona Ventura .... out front .... I'm having steak and vegetables with water tonight ..... the rice at lunchtime sent the BSL up to 12.5 .... so that's off the menu.  Maybe I can have sate without rice?

No comments:

Post a Comment