Monday, August 18, 2014

#971 Monday 18 August

It was a midnight landing followed by a looonnnng wait through immigration .... I'm finally in bed at 2am!

Daytime
What a disaster again!  These trips are absolutely essential for maintenance .... the water pressure system is kaput again ... I think another pump is needed.  The covers over the swimming pool tanks are both rusted through .... have to get new ones made.

Later:  Double disaster ... I intended to go with Ketut as a  passenger on his motorbike .... as I hopped on, it fell over and I fell of flat on my back ... rather badly.  I have abrasions on leg and elbow .... I hit my head on the wall (fortunately with helmet ... so no damage) .... and I've hurt my right wrist (the one that has had surgery) quite badly.  It is very painful so I'll just be resting for this trip.  Hopefully a few days of rest will heal the damage.  It good that I always carry some heavy duty painkillers just in case.

This is a bird nest in the bush right beside the door of the bedroom.

The day ended on a good note.  After taking lots of pain control, I slept all afternoon.  When the others arrived back we went out for tea and a massage.  My wrist is still painful but much better than before.  I think this means that I'm going to have to restrict my shed activities for a few weeks till it's better.


No comments:

Post a Comment