Sunday, August 21, 2016

#1324 Sunday 21 August

Last night we had a "night out" ..... we ate at 'Hog's Breath' steak house and followed with icecream at the 'Cold Rock'.  Kaylia was very excited ..... it was hard to keep her sitting down.  
When we got home she was still very excited and she didn't settle to sleep till midnight.  It was fortunate the she could sleep in after that!

Naomi says:  
My Kaylee story for the weekend...
Last night Kaylee was very unsettled with her back (and probably life, the universe and everything else too) and couldn't sleep. At 10.30pm I could hear her downstairs singing to herself. Ian was fast asleep so I came downstairs and hopped into her bed with her. 
Midnight comes along and we're both wide awake. I've now given up sleeping. Kaylee though is yawning away and then at 12.03am precisely she's asleep. At this point I decide to stay put and sleep with Kaylee (note Ian is completely oblivious to everything). 
Over the rest of the night I learn about Kaylee's three sleeping positions:
1. The Anaconda - this is where Kaylee flings her leg over your hip and arms anywhere she can (ribs, face, neck). The purpose of the anaconda is for her to get warmer and to reassure herself that you're still there....and that you're not going anywhere because you can't...because you're in a head lock.
2. The Commando Crawl - which is where, under the blankets, Kaylee moves up and down the bed in all sorts of weird ways. Note she is completely unaware of what's she's doing. At various times her head ends up where her feet should be...then she manages to right herself. Normally the blankets go where she goes...and
3. The Toe Wedge - where she literally wedges her toes and feet anywhere she can...mostly though between your legs and knees when you are laying on your side.
I love my daughter and I look forward to telling her these stories when she is older and able to understand them.
Needless to say, I am so not sleeping with her tonight :)

Later: Sunday afternoon and I'm sitting with Kaylia on the bed ..... she's singing away as she watches nursery rhymes on YouTube.   
She's happy.....  I'm happy that she's happy.  Life is good.

We went over to visit Maxine today .... followed by an op shop session.
Teddy barks ... Kaylia says "woof woof Teddy"

No comments:

Post a Comment