Friday, December 30, 2016

#1444 Friday 30 January

It's been another sleepless night for Kaylia ..... this is one of the unpleasant effects of autism.  She can be very tired yet she still doesn't sleep.  This then starts a cycle of anxiety attacks leading to more tiredness.  All this is hard on Kaylia .... and hard on us as well.  We get exhausted by managing her at the same time as we are living our regular daily life.

As we were leaving the villa this morning I noticed this snail on the brick pavement outside our door .... it was huge!



Our system for managing Kaylia is to go for a drive .... somewhere .... so that she has a fixed routine for the day.  So it's drive .... then lunch ... then rest .... or swim .... or bath .... till tea time .... then bedtime around 6pm.  She then has stories and iphone time till around 8pm ... or earlier if she settles.

This routine works well much of the time .... but sometimes it fails.





On our drive this morning we headed over to Kerobokan .... to find a new Puri Mas Bakery!

They have delicious nibbles which always leave us hankering for more.


The traffic was horrendous while going north along Jn Sunset .... averaging around 500 metres per half hour.  Fortunately when we headed south for the return trip, the traffic was very light.   We stopped at Carrefour shopping centre for lunch ..... and the photo to the right happened!  (The headphones Kaylia has on are just for noise control ..... no sound ..... it helps her with anxiety.)

Kaylia is getting quite tall now .... and she hasn't had her teenage growth spurt yet!  Last night as we were walking back from Acquaviva, she walked beside me with her hand on my head.

I made a bad mistake in my trip preparation this time .... I didn't bring enough Vit D tablets.  In Australia I get bottles of 200 x 1000iu tablets and I take 16 per day .... so it lasts me a week and a half.  I only brought one bottle and they've run out.  In Bali, the 1000iu tablets are not available .... 400iu is the maximum.  And at 60 per bottle, I'd go through a bottle per day!  And it's not cheap here.  So I shall have to suffer till we go home.  After two days without the Vit D, I can feel the effect and I must walk very carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment