Monday, December 19, 2016

#1433 Monday 19 December

Last night was a tough time for Kaylia. The pain was clearly bad and it was more than analgesics could handle.  I finally got her to sleep but slowly counting ...... she then slowed her breathing to match the counting and eventually drifted off.  It wasn't fun.

Day 1 ...... I was up at 6am ... sorting and setting up.  I set up my "office area" .... Arista had kindly already brought in my table and chair ..... I set up my laptop with my new mobile screen .... a present from Naomi .... it is USB powered and connected ... I like it.  By the time Kaylia woke, I was sorted and operational.  Her first thing after waking was "Hardys"!   I explained the sequence for the morning ... breakfast in the villa ....then down to Hardys.  She understood and went off to have a bath. We kept to the plan and waited at Gardenia ... with juices .... for Made to arrive. At Hardys, it was change money then DVDs!!  Kaylia was ecstatic.  She didn't really want DVDs ... she just wanted to look at them.  She eventually chose some ... and we chose a few each to make up the 13 DVD bundle.

Then it was upstairs (loo stop, change pad) .... she refused the escalator so I took her up the stairs.  (The escalator was a real issue at the airport too.) .... check out the toys ... chose a ball!  90cents! (.... later in the car she was enthralled with it!  Tremendous value.) ... then it was down.  We tried the promise of a reward.  An icecream for going down the escalator .... it worked and she asked us to help her get on.  Finally with her holding my arm and Joe's arm .... and Ellie giving a little push from behind, she was able to get on.  The only icecream I could find in the immediate surrounds was a Haagen-Dazs  .... 117k Rp thankou!! That's about $12!!



After that exciting time, we piled into the car and went for a drive.  We went through the back streets of Renon (west of Sanur) so JandE could see that part of Bali .... then to Hypermart.  It was J-Cos for donuts as usual..... then home to the villa.  Swimming and now she's in the bath. .... which she stayed in for 3 hours!

We've had tea at Parahanya .... and then down to the Bali Bakery. On the way she found a horn that doubles as a dingle dangle.

No comments:

Post a Comment